Times Have Changed, Boy.

Happy Saturday!

Aside from me sitting on my ass all day, I found this interesting little read on EBONY.com called "Single, Saved, and Having Sex."

I won't be the spoiler in this case and give the play by play of the article; go read it yourself. Seriously. But I will say it was an excellent read on how "traditions" are being modified as the climate of relationships is changing and an eye opener on how really real it is. 

I mean, to be real, my eyes BEEN open on this issue, but it just made me think deeply into this generation and where they stand on relationships. 

My perspective on black love and Generation Y have been thrown all over the place lately. According to the article (and life), people are getting married at much later ages, if at all. Unions of love are being taken as a joke because the L word is an either extremely overused or extremely unused term. We hear about as many divorces as we do weddings. No one's ever ready to settle down with one person because, hey, why have just one when you can have many?

This leaves me discouraged to say the least. 

But then lately I've been witnessing things that conflict with this preexisting theory. 

I think over the past two years, I've witnessed about 6 engagements in total. I will be attending 3 weddings this year, starting in July. 

One of my favorite set of nearly-weds is my amazing linesister Michelle and her boo, Tory.





Look at her showing off her rock at graduation! (This photo was taken by me for The Washington Post.)


This gives me a little hope. Maybe our generation is getting it together slowly and giving love a chance. 

Or maybe I'm wrong. 

I'm single as a fresh dollar bill, so don't take my word for it, lol.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Past “Should”

"Find Christ At The River"

Hinge-Toothed Prophets